Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Little "Adventure" in SLC

For an early b-day present, Dev and Kirstin got me tickets to the Goo Goo Dolls concert tonight. Because of a few time issues Betsy and I had to just meet them up there. So we got to the Salt Palace and handed the guy our ticket and he told us we couldn't get in until 8:30 so we called Dev and Kirst and decided to go meet them at Market Street Grill. I'm sure he told me the address but it went right over my head. Betsy and I started walking and got to 5th west (which is a pretty scary part of town) and called to see where to go from there.....yeah that restaraunt is on west temple (1st west). I felt really stupid and my feet were killing me from wearing heels. So we started walking back and we were almost there when this hobo (who I'm sure is very nice) started singing to us, but we didn't have any change and told us we were beautiful. It was a little different - never been sung to by a homless man before. This story does end well, we finally made it to the food thingy, ate and got into the concert which was pretty good - nowhere near as good as Jimmy though.

2 comments:

Deven Patten 潘明骏 said...

I contest that it was better than Jimmy!

Brindley Anne said...

Nope. It was fun and actually pretty close, but I love Jimmy so it was a better concert for me - I actually knew all of the songs. Sorry.