This weekend I went to CALIFORNIA (YAY!); Corey's friend Lauren was going to hangout with a guy she hearts and invited Corey who invited me! So, Thursday morning I got up at about 6:00, threw some things in a duffel bag, showered, blow-dried my hair, and by about 7:15ish Corey was in my driveway. First we had to drive to Sugarhouse and pick up Lauren - pretty much the whole reason we went on this trip-then we headed to California. Corey had me drive once we got to Salt Lake - Traffic is not her favorite even though she drives just fine in it :) - but I drove all the way to Winnemucca, NV. Which was A LOT of miles. In Wells when we stopped for gas, some skody tire-store man at the "service station" tried to convince us that Corey's tire was bad. Douche, he clearly just wanted money. Anyway, the drive was long but went pretty fast and was super fun!
Monday, April 4, 2011
“If you're alive, you can't be bored in San Francisco. If you're not alive, San Francisco will bring you to life.”
Prepare yourselves for lots of pictures, lots of funny stories, and and definitely some laughs.
This weekend I went to CALIFORNIA (YAY!); Corey's friend Lauren was going to hangout with a guy she hearts and invited Corey who invited me! So, Thursday morning I got up at about 6:00, threw some things in a duffel bag, showered, blow-dried my hair, and by about 7:15ish Corey was in my driveway. First we had to drive to Sugarhouse and pick up Lauren - pretty much the whole reason we went on this trip-then we headed to California. Corey had me drive once we got to Salt Lake - Traffic is not her favorite even though she drives just fine in it :) - but I drove all the way to Winnemucca, NV. Which was A LOT of miles. In Wells when we stopped for gas, some skody tire-store man at the "service station" tried to convince us that Corey's tire was bad. Douche, he clearly just wanted money. Anyway, the drive was long but went pretty fast and was super fun!
Notice the snow outside Corey's window - this was in Truckee and the snow on the sides of the road was definitely at least 6 feet high.
Beach Day!!!
This guy was very entertaining. He was training for something...probably to be the next Karate Kid, but I think J Smith might be hard to follow...


Okay, so here is one of the funny stories. After the beach we decided to go get some dinner. We plugged in the gps, and decided to go to Chilis, it said one was only 12 miles away so we started heading over there. Well, the bih in the box LIED. We drove from the Beach that was a little south of San Fran to southern San Fran - just 50 miles or so. It only took us about two hours to get to the dang Chilis. I was flustered because I kept missing exits, and was trying to answer the phone to set up a job interview, and I was just glad to be at Chilis by the time we FINALLY got there. I'm grateful though, we got to drive on lots of sweet bridges and see some more of the city.
This weekend I went to CALIFORNIA (YAY!); Corey's friend Lauren was going to hangout with a guy she hearts and invited Corey who invited me! So, Thursday morning I got up at about 6:00, threw some things in a duffel bag, showered, blow-dried my hair, and by about 7:15ish Corey was in my driveway. First we had to drive to Sugarhouse and pick up Lauren - pretty much the whole reason we went on this trip-then we headed to California. Corey had me drive once we got to Salt Lake - Traffic is not her favorite even though she drives just fine in it :) - but I drove all the way to Winnemucca, NV. Which was A LOT of miles. In Wells when we stopped for gas, some skody tire-store man at the "service station" tried to convince us that Corey's tire was bad. Douche, he clearly just wanted money. Anyway, the drive was long but went pretty fast and was super fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so jealous! california sounded like a BLAST. miss you guys!
I look ridiculously fresh in both the pictures of me. shoot.
Post a Comment